Loner.

Since I got pregnant, I've basically lived in what-feels-like a bubble. It consists of the condo, the office, the mall to eat and wherever my parents and sister decide to go to on weekends (Reg and I usually just follow).

There are so many places my mom won't let me go to (I can't even go on roadtrips - thank God she let me go to Cebu), so many more places in the city I can no longer go to because they're smoky and I can't even exercise. I miss being around people from my own age bracket. Like I always mention, if I didn't see my FILC girls almost regularly, I'd probably go crazier. I feel like I live my life vicariously through others. I watch invites in Facebook get sent, pictures get posted and I realize I'm no longer in those pictures and sometimes, no longer invited or if invited, I know I can't. It's become so that I actually look forward to Reg getting home to tell me about his day.

I find that I have nothing else to talk about but the baby (there's not much to tell about work) and at this point, there's not much to tell because s/he's just peacefully floating about. And besides, there's only that update at the start of the week when s/he turns another week older ("so what fruit/veggie is the baby now?" is the usual question). Aside from that, it's not as if everyone is pregnant too. I feel like I'm in a space all my own.

There are some days when I feel like I'm such a loner. Last night I asked Reg if there's more to life that I can do with me being pregnant? He says there probably is. I don't know why I can't find it. Maybe because people are so strict with me, but you can't really blame them anyway.

I just feel so lonely sometimes you know? :p Even with baby keeping me company the whole day.

Comments

Popular Posts