Hospital Trip

So today, we started the day with a trip to the hospital.

As I was taking a bath, I felt something, well, quite solid, slide down all the way to my groin. I told Reg about it while we were on the way to work, because even as I was sitting down in the car, I could still feel it. I was pretty sure it was the baby's head. He told me to call my doctor, who unfortunately wasn't in today so her assistant recommended us going to the delivery room so I can get checked.

So we quickly made a turn and made our way to Makati Med.

To the delivery room we go, and after many questions and explanations where I was also getting slightly annoyed because they either weren't listening very well or not understanding because they kept making new versions of my story. I kept correcting them tho (I think I even said explicity: No, that's not what I said!) sigh. I missed my doctor suddenly earlier.

So after an internal check (still not dilated!) and a non-stress check, the overall diagnosis was what I felt was "lightening" or the baby actually dropping down to my pelvis. Since my doctor mentioned last week that the baby's head is low, I would guess that now it's even lower. The non-stress check showed that baby is ok and that I had one contraction during the 30-minute test (which I didn't even feel).

And so we were out of there in time for lunch. :) Friends are saying that our baby's playing games with us. Haha! :)

-==-

The most amusing part of that whole thing (since it was really mostly a boring time with lots of waiting in a labour room) was the non-stress check. They strapped two sensors on my tummy - one to screen for baby's heartbeat and the other I wasn't truly sure for what. They then gave me this button to click for every movement she made. I was a little concerned, because baby girl usually only moves when she feels like it, and almost always at night and hardly during the day - at least, during the time we were there.

However, as soon as they strapped the sensors on my tummy (it was kind of snug), she started moving and moving almost all throughout the 30-minute test, taking only a few breaks. This prompted the nurses and resident to say that we have a malikot baby. :D

After the test though, I was left there still strapped onto the fetal monitor because someone had given birth (I heard a very loud and angry cry, haha!) and I dunno if baby girl was just feeling the impatience I was feeling having to wait again (give me a break, my back had started hurting too) because she started moving and moving and kept kicking (or jabbing) right at the sensors! Haha! It's almost as if she was complaining because she knew there were these things around my tummy and were cramping her space. :D

Funny baby girl. One of our friends say she was on "leave me alone" mode which is from me coupled with Reg's sumpong fits. :D

-==-

Anyway, I'm to the doctor on Monday as scheduled. In the meantime, my parents have asked me to increase all my walking because if she has dropped and I still haven't dilated, this may cause her stress.

So, more power-walking for me then! :)

I think she's ready to come out to the world, we just don't know when she'll eventually decide. Haha :)

Comments

mrs. t said…
hi,

i'm a friend of tiborce, and i found your blog through his blog.i'm a new mom myself (my baby girl is 6 months old).wishing you a safe delivery and a happy, healthy baby girl! :-)

ying
loveeelucklaughter.blogspot.com
kaye said…
Hello! :) Thanks for commenting and thanks for your good wishes too! We are so excited for her to arrive :)
Tibibord said…
Teka, ano'ng kaguluhan ito!?

K: Y was our college batchmate. Your husband and I were in Comm Block A, she was in Comm Block AA.

Y: Si K an agom ni RPlatz, he he.
kaye said…
@T - haha, thanks! :D

Popular Posts