Doctor's Appointment Recap

Today's highlight:







We really really love being able to hear our baby's heartbeat. It's what we most look forward to every month. Currently our most favourite sound in the world! And now I can go back and listen to it anytime I want thanks to this video. I actually got this idea from Jay Lara, who posted a video of when they were listening to their baby's heartbeat (of course, Jay being really creative with video and photog has a much better edit haha). That's when I realized I could actually just use my camera and just video the whole thing. I dunno why it didn't occur to me on my own but... thanks Jay!! :)

So - again, strong heartbeat now at a steady 150 beats per minute.

Baby's fine, but I'm not so - weight-wise. I haven't gained any weight since my last check up last month(I was supposed to gain back some 2lbs and try to gain at least 1lb more but it didn't happen. I apparently lost a pound since last week). My doctor wasn't so satisfied with the size of my stomach - the fundus (or the top of the uterus) should be right by my belly button but it's still a little bit below it. I've been ordered to eat more (smaller, I guess) meals, get more protein and to also drink NIDO Full Cream. :p I haven't drunk milk since the day I stopped drinking milk as a child (I know I stopped early). Sigh. Apparently, this is what our doctor "prescribes" to her pregnant moms who are behind in gaining weight.

Sigh again. Anything for the baby though! Gonna drink my first glass tomorrow. With MILO first, I think

(Goodness, old habits die hard. I still write those brand names in all caps)

Also, I have officially been told to remove my belly ring already. Reg has been reminding me the whole day. I told him I'll take it off tomorrow. Haha! Apparently, with my belly growing already, I need to take it out now before it gets too tight - even taking it off will hurt. So buh-bye belly ring.

So that was it today :)

Next month we look forward to a visit before leaving for Cebu and another one after for ultrasound (YAY!)

Comments

Popular Posts