Goodnight Moon

I decided to get a book to read to the baby today. Various pregnancy sources all say that by the fourth month or so, fetuses can already hear noises from the outside world. We do talk to the baby every day, but I figure reading a book would be a great way for the baby to recognize our voices fully - especially if we get to do this everyday. Plus it's a tradition I want to start. I would like nothing more for our baby to grow up loving books too! :) So today I bought Goodnight Moon.

I especially want Reg to read to the baby - the baby hears me all the time but not him. As much as possible he spends a bit of time talking to the baby before going to sleep but sometimes he'll be too tired from work to do it. So this may force us to do things more regularly. Besides, isn't it Goodnight Moon a fitting book? After this, we can say goodnight.

So I got the book from Fully Booked - I picked up a soft-cover copy with a little tear on the top left-hand side (almost by the binding). Aside from a soft-cover being P400 less expensive than the hardbound, I got an extra discount cos it had a bit of damage. I figure, it's the kind of damage I can inflict on or it, or the kind the baby can make on it later on so it's ok. Haha :) Fully Booked was great enough to offer to give the book a plastic cover so the tear doesn't get any bigger. I really really appreciated it. So now we have a covered book I'm pretty sure can last for a long time. :) Hope baby likes it. Haha!

Comments

Popular Posts