Choice Overload

I was walking through Rustan's and SM earlier while killing time waiting for a meeting. My usual window-shopping route now includes the department stores to take a look at baby stuff. :p

I took my time about it earlier and I realized that we seriously have a major overload of choices. It seemed like there was just a gazillion types of everything. How do you know which is the best? I realized that having a budget is key and really, while organic seems to be THE buzzword, it ain't a choice if a mere lil blankie is about P2thou. :|

I do however, seriously consider those baby-friendly detergents and dishwashing liquids, the BPA-free bottles that are hopefully, really colic-free (now it's just a question of which brand to choose), cloth diapers (for everyday use at home) and those new cribs that have a changing station attached to it. I realized that when it comes to everyday clothes - I mean, really, a baby grows pretty quickly so I don't think we'll need to buy such expensive tie-sides. Oh but it's so tempting to get those cutesy designs. Haha :) But no. Really. Maybe for "going out" clothes. And hopefully they won't be too expensive.

Being in the information and technology age with all these advances and data in your fingertips, making choices (especially concerning your first child) is daunting. There's just so many to consider and so many to read. I predict that fixing up the baby's stuff is going to take a looonnngg time. But I am so looking forward to it. (it is shopping after all! I wonder when I'll be allowed to do it, pamahiin-wise? :p)

Comments

Popular Posts