Growth Spurt

I think I hit a growth spurt. In fact, a day after our doctor's appointment for this March, it looked like my tummy suddenly grew. My friends were surprised to see me with my tummy all round and out all of a sudden (and they see me almost every week). Right now, I am definitely feeling the effects of what could definitely be extra weight on my midsection - it's being reflected on my lower back. :D I can't imagine what it's going to feel like when this tummy's bigger than it is now.

So maybe it's just that time for a growth spurt for the baby and me. Apparently, the next one I'll see is during my 7th month or so. Luckily, Reg says it's just been my tummy that's growing so far and the rest of my body still looks fine (he better not be lying, haha!) Anyway, the reason why I'm writing about this is because I finally noticed it (I mean aside from noticing that my tummy really is bigger now) when we went back to maternity stores looking for jeans for me during the past week. We found that I could barely breathe in a medium now but a large is now almost just right for me (only a little loose now). Whereas about three weeks ago, I fit fine in a medium and was still too small for a large. Three weeks! That's so fast.

This growing rapidly business is one of those many many things that make me realize that pregnancy is just one big great adventure. I know that I am still adjusting to the fact that this body I've known for the past 28 years has been changing pretty rapidly before my eyes and in ways I cannot fathom as possible sometimes. The whole thing just amazes me - the body is such an amazing "machine".

Comments

Popular Posts