Needles! (and other things)

I am getting so sick of needles. Last week I had a total of four extractions - the three coming from that test I described previously. I got bruises that lasted almost a week.

And then I prick myself everyday, twice a day to get my glucose levels.

And then today, I had another extraction for another test that my endocrinologist wanted me to get. I forget what it's for - something about seeing the levels of something at any time of day. Was kind of unlucky with the medtech today, she had to do that searching for a vein thing. It's a good thing she got it right on the second try.

Sigh. I hope I don't have to get any more extractions soon. I can live with my glucose tests. :p

-==-

Speaking of my glucose tests, the dietitian says that the reason why my levels are reading low after meals may be because I am not completing all my servings.

Seems about right, I seem to find it harder to complete my servings for lunch and dinner - breakfast is easier. For the first time, I got a normal reading today after breakfast (it's easier to measure out breakfast portions). Anyway, it's funny because I feel like I am now eating more than I did prior to being diagnosed. Reg agrees too. :p Aside from that, I am hungry almost every two hours.

Plus, I am so tired! Because of that no-more-than-8-hour-fasting rule, I have to wake up earlier to try to eat breakfast. That also means though, that I have to stay up until about 11 or 12 for my last snack (and then I wait till the food goes down before I sleep)  just so I don't wake up too early the next day. Goodness me. Oh well.

-==-

We are on our 26th week already - officially six months and half! Time goes by so fast. I feel her moving around a lot more and she's doing more than kicks now too. Sometimes I can feel her shifting under my skin if I happen to have my hand on the right spot. Plus, you can see my stomach moving more clearly now. Haha :) She's super amazing. :)

Comments

Popular Posts