I hate blood tests!

So I went through three extractions this morning, one hour in between each. It's not the best way to start the day (and we started very early, at 6am :p). I have a serious annoyance/almost fear of blood extractions due to my thin veins. I once had a very unpleasant experience during a medical exam where the medtech was literally sewing the needle in and out of my skin/vein trying to hit jackpot.

I've been lucky though, I've been getting good med techs in Makati Med. However, today was the ultimate test for them and me. :p I usually get extracted from my right arm because the veins are more visible there thus easier to find. You can barely find any in my left (yup they're all that thin). After two extractions from my right arm, it was already hurting pretty badly and bruising. According to the medtech who tried to get my third extraction, it was also getting a little swollen. Still she tried, and she ended up looking for a vein again much to my dismay. Finally, I had enough (painful!) and she took it out. She tried it on my left arm also, finding a barely visible one on the side. That was more painful than the right and she looked for a vein again with the needle. I endured it as long as I could then cried enough. :p Finally she called for help and the guy who did my second extraction came in.

At this time, I was pretty annoyed and already a little scared. He was looking at my right arm like he planned to do it there. So I was explaining to him what the girl said about it being swollen and how she got nothing. He was like, "aaahh... yun ba sabi nya?" like he didn't believe me or her. I wanted to smack him. Ano ba!!

In the end, we had to do the third extraction on my hand. It really wasn't so bad in the end.

So now both my arms are a little sore and still a little painful from all the extractions and attempts.

God, I hope I never have to do that again and they get the results they want :(

Comments

Popular Posts