I've lost weight :S

I had a scheduled appointment with my endocrinologist earlier. According to her scale, I had lost three more pounds since I was last there. I'm kind of worried.

I know why though. I get so worried about my sugar levels that I tend not to eat all of my alloted servings. That's right, I cut down. I notice that my sugar levels tend to be a little higher on the normal scale range that I try not to maximize all my servings. Apparently, that has led me to lose weight rather than a controlled increase, which is what the goal was.

My doctor pretty much figured out right away that that was what was happening and told me to just eat each serving I'm alloted. She says she doesn't mind the baby gaining weight, but she will mind if baby did lose weight (and we know my ob-gyn will not be happy). Basically, just eat.

I know from the 4D ultrasound we did that her weight right now is just right for her age. To be sure though, I'm going to my doctor next week earlier than I scheduled (was supposed to go on Friday, will now go on Tuesday) just so I can discuss this with her and really make sure baby's weight gain is on track.

Man, this gestational diabetes thing is really getting to me. Today at least. I am so annoyed by it. I worry so much about the sugar levels because I don't want that to affect baby without realizing that I was losing weight which also will affect baby.

I mean, why oh why must I even come down with this?? Can't I just eat like a normal pregnant woman?!  Well, at least my weight gain is controlled. But I don't want baby girl to be tiny either. I'm supposed to be putting on about 11lbs more at this time - instead I just lost five.

Sigh. Frustrating. I know I'm still figuring things out and finding my balance. I hate that it gets me so worried though.

For now, will maximise my servings as told. :S

Comments

Popular Posts