Doctor's Appointment Recap

Went on our doctor's appointment today! :) I am officially 6 months and a half by Monday next week. It's going by so fast. I can't believe it. We're already more than halfway! Yay!

Some highlights:
1) All is good, heartbeat-wise. Yay! She's very strong and very normal
2) Doctor says that the overall size is good, but that her head position seems to be a little high. She mentioned that she hopes the baby wouldn't turn and change positions with her head high up still. I hope that's just the baby looking up :p I'm sure that she'll go lower in the weeks to come (positive vibes).
3) I managed to gain four pounds since the last time we were there -- which was two weeks ago!! I have no idea how that happened considering none of my eating habits have changed. Although my tummy has significantly gotten bigger compared to two weeks ago. So we can assume that all the weight isn't just from me, but from the baby too.

However, since that was the case:
4) I had to get a glucose challenge test to get my blood sugar levels. :p I had to drink this orange-flavoured glucose solution that thankfully had the consistency and taste of Royal Tru-Orange. Plus, it was cold! I was dreading this test because when I'd read forums online, everyone would talk about how disgusting the solution is. I found it to be ok, even though I had to drink the whole 50ml in five minutes. I couldn't eat or drink anything for an hour after that though, and that was the part I hated because I felt like it left a bad taste in my mouth :p Once the hour was up, it was time for my all-time least favourite thing in the hospital - blood extraction. I'm lucky to be getting great med techs for the past few though, so I'm very thankful.

Since I'm anxious to get the results of that test, we'll be picking it up later tonight after Reg finishes with work. I'm praying and praying that it says all is normal, the last thing I want is for diabetes to develop. :p

5) No manas or swelling! Yay!! :) Really staying away from salty food, I don't want to swell. :p
6) Finally, my doctor observed that I don't have stretchmarks stretching across my tummy so far, so she says I can expect not to have any at all starting from now. Yay! Thank you Palmer's and Mothercare.

Speaking of which, both of those I've run out and it's sold out in Makati!! I'm panicking as I'm convinced that I can feel my belly itching because I haven't put any. :p Reg went through the whole of Glorietta, Landmark, SM and Rustan's looking for Palmer's and found none, plus Mothercare in Greenbelt 5 ran out of its stretch mark cream. We're gonna try PCX in Greenbelt later for Palmer's. I hope they it! :p

That's it so far! All we have to do now is wait for the results of my glucose test.

Our next appointment is on the first week of June, and by then I'll be seven and a half months already!

Comments

kat said…
and ANEKA IS HOME!
kaye said…
that's true! you can even come. haha

Popular Posts