The search for the perfect shampoo

So aside from my belly button slowly popping and the obvious enlarging of my belly, the other two things I noticed that changed with my body was:

1) My skin - I used to have pretty normal skin (I think). It was neither dry nor oily. I never had to use oil paper and my only skin regimen (aside from washing it regularly) was to put moisturizer/sunblock on my face (and the requisite lotion all over). I've noticed though that my skin has gotten oily. In fact, I now own my own pack of oil paper. And yes, it actually has some use now! :p

Anyway, this entry is really about:

2) My hair - this has been my biggest challenge. I used to have super-straight hair as a child, but I think all the experimenting I did with it (I had it curled, then straightened, then curled, then straightened) really messed it up so now it's half-wavy half-straight. The past few years I've gotten it rebonded so I can have wash and wear hair. Plus, it gets really unruly when it's not. Since I can't do that now, my hair is in its most natural state in YEARS. And it's annoying! And I think being pregnant made it more unruly and dry too. :(

So after getting a deep conditioning treatment, I started experimenting with shampoos to see which would tame my hair.

So I figured my current shampoo didn't work at all. The Neutrogena treatment shampoo didn't work either. Elseve wasn't working. I tried Elseve shampoo and conditioner - no change. I went Dove shampoo and Elseve - no change. Then I went Pantene and Elseve - somewhat ok. And then while in Cebu, I tried Pantene for both shampoo and conditioner and whoa, that worked. Today it was that Sunsilk sample I got from my magazine and a Pantene conditioner and it worked too.

So I think I'll try both Pantenes and see how that goes first. Haha. Plus, tying half of my hair back and off my face seems to be doing wonders too. So I'm finally happy with my hair, until it doesn't like the current shampoo and conditioner combo I chose anymore. :)

Comments

Popular Posts