Sleeping on my left and childbirth classes

Taking the advice of books and pregnancy websites, I have been sleeping mostly on my side (it was a good thing that I really did prefer sleeping on my side before getting pregnant). I also took their advice and slept mostly on my left side because doing so maximises the flow of blood and nutrients to the placenta. I find that during the night though, I start out on my left, then end up on this weird hybrid of a position where my back is flat on the bed but my midsection is twisted over to a side. I know it sounds weird, but it's ultra-comfy.

However, having done this for months now, my left side has gone weird. In fact, I have this strange pain somewhere around the left side of my bottom. It gets bad sometimes that when I get up from lying down or from sitting, I can't put any weight on my left leg at all.

The worst thing is, I feel like it needs to be stretched but I have no idea how to do it.

Reg says to ask the doctor, but I feel like I need a doctor's visit to explain it properly. I've decided to ask when we go next week. In the meantime, I try to stretch my leg (doesn't really help) or I just try not to put any weight on my left leg right away after getting up until I feel like I can already.

Geez. Will yoga help this? I want to do some exercise but I'm afraid I won't be able to - will have to check how the baby is first.

-==-

In other news, we are officially signed up for Childbirth Classes under Rome Kanapi (her number is 0917-5415114, if anyone would like to inquire). We start on May 22 at 9am. That also happens to be the day of my friend's, Anna's, wedding. That means I should get a lot of sleep the night before so I have a lot of energy to get through the whole day and the whole evening. Really looking forward to it. :)

Hmm.. maybe there'll be stretching exercises there? I hope.

Comments

Popular Posts