Researching

So because I could not get any more info about the amniotic band/membrane that they saw in the ultrasound, I went to do some research. I avoided Google though, for unnecessary stress and went straight to babycenter.com

What I read was very reassuring due to the following facts:
1) Our baby is growing normally and very well based on our scan
2) The band/membrane is not attached to her.

Apparently, the one to worry about is if the amniotic bands/threads are emanating from her (thus, wrapped around her) because that restricts growth. Since they saw that the thread was coming from the placenta to another part - we know it's not attached to her. Plus, with her growth all normal and well, we are assured that it has not affected her in any way.

Hopefully, as what I read, the thread will get pushed away or dissolve once she starts growing bigger so it doesn't restrict her movements. :) I really don't mind being kicked and punched, promise.

If you read the description here, you'll see that it should really be called an amniotic sheet. And that it can form from scar tissue from a D&C, a previous operation or infection.

Sigh.

Seeing as I did have a D&C, guess we know how this formed. Oh well.

Praying that this will just go away so baby can have her little "playground" all to herself. :)

Comments

Popular Posts