Jeans!

When it comes to clothes, and my bottoms, I've always been a jeans girl and a skirt girl. Either one of those. Since getting pregnant, and once this tummy started getting larger, I've been wearing dresses more. I guess it's a good thing that prior to getting pregnant, I had started to get into short dresses too.

But I missed my jeans! And I miss my skirts. I've searched everywhere for the perfect pair of maternity jeans. My criteria was simple - it just had to look like normal jeans. Unfortunately, I have never really fit well in most local brands (unless they were skinny jeans from Lee or Jag. Wait, are they even local? No right? :p). So I was really having a hard time. I even went ahead and bought a pair from my office's maternity brand but it wasn't exactly the best fit for me.

So I remembered that during our last trip to Singapore, I was in Topshop and saw their maternity jeans. I hurriedly got in touch with Julette, my friend who lives in Spore at the moment, to ask her to get a pair for me. Coincidentally, my dad was also on his way to Spore for a business trip so everything worked out (we no longer had to get it shipped and I didn't have to wire money, haha).

So last Thursday, I got my Topshop jeans! And I'm telling ya, they feel great and they fit me great. And aside from the garters on the side of the jeans' waistband (so they'd stretch), it just looks like a normal pair of jeans. It's even in this really great dark blue colour that I love. I find that those maternity jeans with a band over your tummy can be restricting for me (where possible, I fold them down). These jeans fall right under my belly so it's super comfy for me. Now I can't wait to wear my normal shirts (those that still fit haha) with these. A jeans girl has gotta have her jeans fix you know? Haha.

The other nice thing about these Topshop Maternity jeans? You just go and get them in your normal Topshop size and it's adjusted accordingly. So I only had to go to a Topshop branch here, picked out a few pair in a few different sizes to see which fit perfectly and I gave that size to Julette. I know these jeans are going to last me till the end of the pregnancy, hopefully. They seem stretchy and roomy enough, waistband-wise.

Ah, I am so happy. I know this is really mababaw but getting dressed is getting harder (less choices in my closet mostly), especially since I am no fan of tights. I know jeans must seem warm, but they feel just fine to me.

Now all I gotta do is look for skirts that are in the right length and fit well. :)

Comments

Popular Posts