Having one of those moments

I am currently having one of those omigod-we're-gonna-be-parents-soon-! moments. I've been having them a lot lately. It usually comes in tandem with yay-she'll-be-here-soon-! :)

Yesterday my family was in SM and my mom and I were looking at baby stuff and she was giving me tips on what to buy and how many. I was taking notes on my phone :p I was so glad she said that she'll come with us when we buy after our shower so we don't miss out on anything. I've said it before, there's just a lot of things to think about and that's just her stuff.

While we were doing that though, I couldn't help but think how "strange" (that's the best word I can come up with) it was - getting lessons from my mom about baby stuff. Yes, I know I carry this large tummy but it becomes all surreal when you start getting down on the practical side of things and not just dwelling on the dreamy side of things ("we're gonna have a baby!"). I hope I'm making sense. Haha.

I know I can prepare for her arrival as much as I can by buying her stuff, reading books and going to the doctor but I don't think I can ever prepare emotionally for the impact of her being here already with us. It's gonna be one day at a time. I can only hope and pray that we can be as good parents and providers to her as our parents are with us. :) Time to pay things forward. :)

OMIGOD. We're gonna be parents!!!

yahoo!

Comments

Popular Posts