8 weeks to go!

And with this comes a tired (it's not exactly aching. In tagalog, ngalay) back, the return of the frequent bathroom breaks and a definite waddle. Yes, my midsection is getting heavier.

So for the next few weeks or so, we have the following to do:
1) Buy everything we need!
2) Start collecting the items that have to go into our hospital bag - I just bought maternity pads today. I found them in Watson's and were cheaper than I expected. Well, a hell lot cheaper than the ones I saw in Mothercare! It was also the brand our childbirth prep instructor mentioned. I also just realized I have to go buy nursing bras and pads. You never know - like they said, be optimistic and milk will come. Ok, that just sounded awkward. Haha
3) Finish up the file folder we're bringing to the hospital - yes I'm so OC, we have a plastic folder with file folders inside (Guia was my inspiration) with everything Reg could possibly need. :D
4) Fix my maternity leave (I want to go on leave already just cos I'm lazy hahaha) and fix up my what-will-be turnover list so I can just update every week.
5) Meet with the pediatrician and ask questions - I called her today and we can meet her next week after our OB appointment. Now all I have to remember is that list of questions. Oh speaking of, I also have a list of questions for my OB. Yes, it's birth plan-like.

Exciting times ahead! :) I'm sure that this list will get longer as the days go by. Kind of like our wedding prep to-do list. haha :)

Oh and speaking of our wedding, there are two weeks until our second wedding anniversary and I still have no idea what I'm giving Reg as a gift! I usually have ideas weeks before but I'm cutting it close right now. I hope I'll get some inspiration soon.

-==-

So the past weekend, we were walking around the malls looking for a nice, cute and suitable baby cabinet. Everything is just so boring. What happened to all the cute ones? Oh right, in most department stores, you have to order them and they cost so much (like, there's no way we're paying that much). So we've been looking online and considering having one copied.

It's so weird, I remember that when my mom was buying baby stuff for my sisters (yes, our age gaps are that big, I can remember when we were buying their baby stuff), there were more choices for baby cabinets/changing tables and in nice colors too.

In the end, I had a sore back and was wishing for a foot massage. I get tired really really easily now and I'm supposed to do more walking already.

I found one online though, from rooms101, who import stuff from Ikea. It's in blue, so emailed them today asking them if they have any other colours available. If they do and the price is right, we'll likely go with that one. If they don't, well, I'll have to start looking for a furniture supplier who can, well, copy furniture!

Comments

Popular Posts