Pregnancy test part 2

Aside from deciding yesterday that I was going to approach this whole thing with a lot of HOPE, I also had many other thoughts. I already wrote one of them down: to possibly take another test myself.

The other thoughts were more on the course of action that my doctor wanted to take after my "no signs of pregnancy ultrasound". Now that I was no longer as emotional and after reading many pregnancy forums of women who were in the same boat and add this nagging feeling I had that I no longer wanted to drink that last two tablets of Provera, I was no longer sure that I wanted to follow this direction she put me on. So I decided that I will take a pregnancy test again and then go from there.

I bought a test after going to the grocery yesterday and tested right away when we got home. It was in the middle of the day (they always say to test with your first pee of the day) but I figured that if I was really pregnant, time of day would not matter. As always, followed instructions to put three drops of urine, making sure that each drop was absorbed before adding the other. Then I watched the test transform. It turned two solid lines within just a few seconds. It stayed completely solid within the next three minutes (you're supposed to see results within 1-3mins). That's how it still looks today.

Two separate pregnancy tests on two separate occasions could no longer be a false positive right?

So I decided to message some friends to see what they thought. They had valid questions like, does Provera give you a positive pregnant test when you take it (the answer is no). I told my mom about the test. We wondered what to do about Provera. Then I belatedly remembered that a friend's wife was an ob-gyne. So I sent her a message, "asking for a friend". She basically echoed what I had begun to think after seeing my second pregnancy test:

1) My doctor was too fixated on the fact that I could not remember (THEN, during the consultation, how unfortunate now) if I had a full period in March. Instead, she kept disregarding it and kept thinking that my last period was in January, so I am way too late for it. That's the reason why her go-to response was to give me Provera.
2) That what should be done now is a blood test, which is more accurate, now that I have two positive tests taken on two separate occasions. I asked my doctor about this but she again waved it away, convinced that I will be wasting my money doing this test. Instead, better to see if Provera will induce my period. Then if it doesn't at the end of the medicine's prescribed period, I go back to see her. I assumed that would mean I was really pregnant. But I see now that she may not have been thinking of that possibility at all.
3) That there is no need for Provera. In fact, my doctor friend said that there is no rush in making one menstruate if there are no other symptoms. We can easily just wait this out one-two more weeks, if needed.
4) My doctor friend also said that if inconclusive, a decision should not be done based on one test or ultrasound. It should be a series.

She also assured me that since Provera is really just progesterone, it should have no effect on early pregnancy.

Anyway, we have decided that I will get a second opinion. I think I had already decided this earlier on in the day, before I asked my friend these questions. I would be ok with waiting this out, but I am traveling next week AND leaving again right after arriving back. I just want to make sure I do all things possible to keep safe(r). I'll be messaging the doctor today, hoping that he will have clinic tomorrow. It's a holiday today. I hope to have some more direction by tomorrow.

This gives me more HOPE. Plus the fact that this hunger I am feeling can only mean I am pregnant. I literally do not feel like this any other time in my life. I wake up extremely early because of hunger. I've already eaten breakfast today! Like I said, I've been intermittent fasting for months, this does not happen normally to me anymore. I'm trying not to overeat though. I seem to have a very active digestion at the moment. If I eat too much, I need the bathroom right after.

Yesterday I tweeted that I wondered how you could tell the difference between instinct and hoping very hard. I asked because deep down I know I'm pregnant. But I also half-wonder if it's because I'm also hoping very much. But with my thoughts being validated, I tend to think my instinct may be right.

Please Lord, let me be right.

Comments

Popular Posts