Hello, baby!

Hello baby!! It is so nice to finally see you! :)

We arrived from our 6-day trip to Dubai with the office - drank all my medicines and had my last painful shot of progesterone while we were there. Today was the ultrasound date I had been waiting for.

I am so thankful to receive such great news - we saw the baby and we saw the heartbeat. Even though it was not allowed (apparently they don't do it if it's this early), I got to hear the heartbeat for a few seconds. We also found that the subchorionic hemorrhage is gone!! Thank you St. Jude, St. Gerard, Mama Mary, Sta. Clara, our Lady of Lourdes. Thank you, Lord!

Now that I know this, I feel more confident about my body now and I can literally feel the tension that I didn't realise I was holding melting away.

We also now have an official EDD! Baby's expected arrival is on Dec 14. Another December baby! I reminded Reg earlier today though that I gave birth three weeks early for both Tala and Kael and there's a higher chance that we'll experience the same with this baby. So baby may very well be a November baby :) We are going by the age that was measured in the ultrasound, which is 6wks and 6days because there's at least a week discrepancy if we base it on my last menstrual period. So we will be 7 weeks tomorrow. It's really funny because we have been playing around the 6-7 week mark for the past two weeks now. It's nice to know finally how far long I really am.

The doctor today asked us if we were going to the advance blood screening for Down Syndrome that lets you also find out the gender at 10 weeks. It's pretty pricey and since the doctor said it really just depends if you can wait or not, we decided earlier that we'll wait until the congenital scan for this. Just to make things fair, because we didn't do this test for Tala and Kael.

-==-

We are leaving for our annual family reunion in Catbalogan tomorrow so doc gave me extra Duphaston for the travel. After this trip, we'll be in the city til the end of June.

-==-

The Dubai trip was pretty good. My hunger was on schedule and I would feel sick on schedule too. I would start feeling nauseated by around 6pm Manila time. This meant that dinner for me was always a weird affair - I'd be super hungry by dinner time but I would feel sick right after it. I also have this weird taste at the back of my tongue after every meal. Water would not wash it down and I even tried sodas even tho I don't drink those anymore. They don't work. So far, Wrigley's Extra works but it has artificial sweeteners (it's sugarfree officially) that I'm supppsoed to stay away from.

This doctor is a believer of the low carb, medium protein, high fat diet which I had been on before getting pregnant (not so high in fat though, I only eat the fat that goes with my food. I don't add to it. Plus we use coconut oil at home for cooking). I'm still struggling to get back on it because fat makes me feel really sick (throw up levels) and currently, the most basic taste I like is rice. For now, I've decided to just kind of be in the middle of all this - try to cut down my carbs down to half of what I'm eating now and continue avoiding sweets and sugar (not difficult right now, to be honest).

I'm not totally craving anything specific and I'm not completely sure what I'm averse too either. I think that because we had all these buffets during the trip, right now I prefer really simple food and flavors. More than anything, it's the feeling of being super hungry that's really emphasized right now.

-==-

We have another ultrasound in three weeks (I'll be almost 10 weeks by then) to see a bigger baby. These are the most number of ultrasounds I've ever had in the first tri, haha. In the meantime, gonna take it easy. Manila is so hot right now, I'm struggling already a little!

Comments

Popular Posts