To buy or not to buy: Baby Swing

Ever since we started canvassing for baby girl's things, we have been unsure about the baby swing:

We still haven't quite decided. We watch 16 and Pregnant on MTV (haha, yes, guilty pleasure cos I can't seem to stop myself from catching it almost every week) and notice that they all have one. I see the usefulness though - when you can't hold the baby at that particular moment, you can place the baby on the swing and that can calm them down and keep them occupied. The swinging motion is akin to one rocking the baby so it's soothing and can help them sleep too. Which is good, because apparently you should also try to teach the baby to fall asleep on their own rather than them getting used to being rocked to sleep - which they'll carry over until they're a bit older.

I know I also read somewhere that this falls under "useful purchases" for baby.

But! We still don't know if we should buy it.

Should we?

Man, I still have no idea. :p It's not as if it comes cheap.

Comments

Popular Posts