Shopping for baby!

We spent the better part of the holiday yesterday shopping for the rest of baby girl's things (the ones we didn't get from the baby shower). We were so happy to finally be shopping for baby! We took advantage of the one-day 10% discount in SM (by having an SM advantage card) and bought the rest of the things we needed. That discount definitely helped. We went with my mom, because I needed guidance on the stuff I needed to get. I didn't want to spend on things that will turn out to be unnecessary and not buy enough of the necessary items. It was such a big help that my mom was there.

We have more or less completed all the "starter" clothes that we need. We also bought our stroller (yay to discounts and 0% installments!) and our parents surprised us by getting the carrier/car seat that we chose for us. :) We got the Quinny Buzz and the Maxi Cosi CabrioFix carrier/car seat to go with it. I was so happy to have found a nice color for the carrier/car seat that I had only previously seen online but not here. Pleasantly surprised to see it in SM and we were lucky to get it (they only had one in stock). Now we have to practice opening and closing the stroller and attaching and removing the carrier/car seat from the car to the stroller. Haha!

I also managed to set aside all the clothes, blankets and basically everything that needs to be washed so they can be washed already. So all we need to do now is transport most of the things back to BF.

The two things we still have to get are the crib, which apparently according to my mother, you buy last and a baby closet (that isn't expensive). We still haven't found a baby closet! The closest I've seen is from Our Home in SM but it isn't right - it has a hanger rack which we definitely don't need. I need shelves. :p

I really like knowing that she's almost set with all of her things. I can't wait to fix everything up. She'll be here soon! We're so excited :)

-==-

This I gotta say though, that shopping for baby has made me appreciate SM. They really lived up to their "We've got it all" tag. Their baby section is definitely the most complete I've seen so far. Except for the stroller which we got from Baby Company (because they were offering 0%, plus it's an SM company so 10% discount as well), we spent the whole shopping trip yesterday in SM.

I never thought I'd see the day when I'd say yes to an SM Advantage Card (I'm usually too lazy to keep things like that, and we never used to shop at SM so much - just at the supermarket) but now I'm glad that we did get one last week. It was super helpful - baby things, when added together, don't really come that cheap.

-==-

Last night, as we were fixing baby's clothes for laundry, Reg and I were talking about how such a tiny person has so many things. And it's so cute how it's so tiny!! haha :) This morning, Reg was all slow to move because he was sleepy and it took him forever to eat so I went to the dining room to ask if he was ok. Apparently, aside from being too lazy to move, he was also sitting there staring at all of baby's stuff. Awww :)

-==-

Today is the first of July... by the end of this month, I can give birth anytime. I just can't wait anymore.

Comments

Popular Posts