Doctor's Appointment Recap

This is what happened at the doctor's today:

1. I got my first IE (internal exam). Baby's head is down already, though not engaged (from what I understand). I'm not dilated, yet, which is good! And so the doctor confirms what we've all been thinking - that I may not actually reach my due date. She feels I'll probably give birth either towards the last week of July (which is my 37th week) or the first week of August (38th week). That being said, I'm being asked to walk regularly now but not too much just yet. She says we can do hardcore walking around the 37th-38th week. I do walk as much as I can now so that's okay, I'll just keep doing that.

My mom has been saying "sabi na nga ba" because she noticed yesterday that my stomach has gotten lower.

2. Size of my tummy is now adequate apparently, and my ultrasound has been postponed to a later date along with the other tests (there are other tests pa? I hope no more blood tests :p) so we can check the baby's weight. My doctor hopes she reaches 6lbs at least - try to balance eating with my sugar checks. Good luck to me! I only gained 1lb since my last visit two weeks ago. :) She also noticed that my tummy doesn't seem too big because baby's all the way on my right side.

3. The pains I have been feeling some days on my lower abdomen are pressure pains. I have to watch out for contractions though. Can't be contracting this week yet. If I contract regularly next week, I have to give her a call.

4. I am to start drinking Natalac, which is a breastfeeding supplement made from malunggay that will hopefully jumpstart my milk supply.

5. We'll be back July 26 (or two weeks from) now to see what the progress is.

... and that's it!

-==-

So officially we have 5 weeks left till our due date but with the predictions as of today, I may actually be looking at about 2-3 weeks left. Haha :) I'm kind of glad actually, because I don't want her to be overdue but I do want her to come out when she's officially full term.

Now I'm just generally curious as to when baby girl is planning/deciding to make her entrance.

Apart from that, I am also teetering in between anxiety and excitement. Haha! :)

So, our hospital bag, baby's bag and our folder of documents are already in the car. Pretty much ready I think. It's just the moving of other stuff I'm worried about now - we did make a good start yesterday. We need to do better this weekend though.

Anyway, let's see what happens this week and the next! Crossing my fingers that all will turn out ok. :)

Comments

Popular Posts