Playlist

I was reading an article on Smart Parenting last night (no, I haven't started buying this magazine just yet, I had to buy it for work because our clothes were in a layout, haha) about bonding with your child while s/he is still in utero. So it was all about sound stimulation - letting your baby hear your voice, using music to help calm, reading them stories, etc etc.

So it's something I kind of already do, I mean I do talk to the baby randomly during the day but only in my mind so far and hardly out loud yet (I read somewhere that they can start hearing you during your 5th month and they start responding to outside stimuli then) and Reg says hi to the baby everyday, when gets home or when he's about to sleep or in the morning (actually, whenever he remembers, haha). And it's definitely something I plan to keep doing especially when the time comes when the baby can respond already. I especially want to read to the baby, I'd like to share my love for books this early (but no pressure, haha).

So I always thought that I wouldn't just let our baby listen to classical music (oh and I have no plans of putting earphones on my belly though. I plan on background music - I have music playing a lot anyway) so I plan to make a whole new playlist just for our baby! hehe :D I plan for it to have this whole range of stuff I like - everything from the Beatles, to the Beach Boys, to Earth Wind and Fire, Friends of Distinction, from Chicago to Queen to all our grunge favorites like STP (but only things like Interstate Love Song), Nirvana (only unplugged versions though), Better than Ezra, Gin Blossoms (I guess you see the pattern - the slightly calmer songs, no real loud ones), maybe some Ben Folds Five. maybe some 311, oh and I can't believe I'm not remembering a lot of stuff right now grrr (I'm gonna have so much fun building the 90s portion, haha) to R&B! No rap yet. Haha :)

And of course, nursery rhymes. Haha!

I hope I'll actually be able to do this. That's gonna be one hell of a playlist cos I'll definitely enjoy it. Haha! I hope the baby ends up liking it too. :)

Comments

Popular Posts