Home!

And so without any major incidents, cancellations etc, we made it to New York for New Year (it started to snow AND rain again that day!) but we didn't make it to Times Square, even though our hotel was super close (it was just down the block). To manage the flow of people and because security was tight, entrance to Times Square was only at 52nd st which was 6 blocks away from the hotel. And then you had to walk down to get to the center. So we stayed at home, in the warmth of our hotel, and watched the ball drop on TV.

The next day, we walked to Times Square, realizing just how close we were and took pictures. There was still some confetti raining down and so many people just milling about, it was still fun :) We spent the rest of the day on a hop-on and hop-off bus so Reg could take a look at the city. We got of at Rockefeller Center and went to church at St. Patrick's Cathedral.

I told Reg we'll definitely make our way back to New York, as soon as I can walk farther distances again. :) He really liked it there and wanted to see so many things.

We flew back here yesterday and arrived finally here at home about an hour ago. First thing we all did was eat, we were all starving. I hardly ate during the flights - specific kinds of food make me nauseated so I haven't been eating much in general. I ate quite a bit here at home though, maybe I just missed home cooking. :p But we'll see tomorrow. I eat enough because I know I have to and so I can get rid of hunger pangs but it takes a lot of thinking and choosing, so I don't end up all nauseated. :p Oh and can I just say that I am so relieved to be back in manageable weather and to one-layer clothing. :D

ANYWAY! The other great thing about being home is that in about eight hours is our first ultrasound appointment! Praying very hard that all is well. So excited to see baby!! :)

Comments

Popular Posts