32nd week check-up and Baby Sprinkle

Yesterday ended up being a pretty busy day for us. It was the Baby Sprinkle day but I ended up having to spend the morning at the doctor's. I felt tingling sensations again last Friday, while I was with Kael during his field trip. It started the night before and I felt it on my face and fingertips. It did go away until later that night when I felt it again on my fingertips. Then later, somewhere near my neck. It stopped while I was asleep but come Saturday morning, I started feeling it again on my fingertips. I had texted the doctor the night before and he gave medication to take but also asked me to go in. Aside from this, I felt that my calves and thighs were aching a little. I was super concerned because while the pain was not as intense as it was when I was pregnant with Kael right before I got sick, it still hurt enough to worry me.

I ended up having to get another B12 shot to help boost my immunity and to deal with aches on my legs. It worked pretty quickly and I feel ok now. I also had to get another blood test to check electrolyte levels and doc added the usual clotting time and urinalysis test.

Well, as expected, my potassium has dropped again. He wants me to eat more bananas and drink OJ. He says my urinalysis is showing possibility of UTI, again, so I have to go on again tomorrow. Probably for another antibiotic prescription :p

Anyway, aside from this, we went ahead and did our pre-natal 32nd week check up. Doc told me that it was not our imagination, but my stomach is lower and has dropped. This is expected now that we are on our 32nd week. My bp was good (120 over 70) and size is still good. Another good news is baby has turned! She's head down now. Doc placed the doppler right by my puson and found her heartbeat there right away. :)

So since this check up was supposed to happen on Tuesday with an ultrasound, he told me to move my ultrasound two weeks later on our 34th week instead. So we'll get to see baby on the 6th of November.

We got home in time to have a short nap then woke up to wait for guests for our Baby Sprinkle :)

The Baby Sprinkle was held in Granma and Gramps' house, who hosted it. Tita A and T'Inna were the chief planners. Tala and Kael were the co-hosts. We mostly invited very close friends and family and it turned into a relaxing Saturday night, hanging out with people. I had fun, I hope others did too. The kids definitely had fun because there were other kids around to play with. Kael was in his element, making people laugh, because he was at home and was super comfortable (not shy). Ate Tala opted to not play with the little kid and spent the evening working on drawing some stuff for this alphabet book that they wanted to create for Isla. She also took pictures for. Both of them opened our gifts for us :)


Now that the Baby Sprinkle is done, I can now definitely go and shop for all the other stuff that baby will need and fix them up. I have a more concrete list now. I just wish work would let up so we could actually go and do them. The more urgent thing we need to get done this week is to do the stroller and car seat swap in Baby Company (it ends this week) so we can get discounts on our chosen stroller and car seat (we're updating the car seat too).

Then the rest of the stuff I'm hoping I can just do on the weekend. Too bad Reg still has to work next weekend, but I can ask Granma and Titas to accompany me. When we get everything done, it's time to wash stuff and fix up our hospital bag. It's early but it will make me feel better to check something off the list of perosnal to-dos.

November is going to be a pretty busy month. I'm hoping the office will release our 13th month soon so I can finish off our Christmas list well before the third week of November! :)

Comments

Popular Posts