Check Up!

I went to the doctor today with the intention of getting vitamins but decided to just go ahead with this month's check up. Mostly because I peeked through the our HMO office and saw that there was nobody in line for the "specials" - senior citizens, PWDs and pregnant women. Reg was not with me today though. He wasn't able to attend the last time because he couldn't find parking at all :(

Anyway, some of the stuff we found out today:
1) We did not gain much weight - only 2lbs yay!
2) Even if I feel my tummy is too big and too heavy - we are just the right size for our age
3) It seems baby girl is still in breech position. We found her heartbeat all the way on my right side rather than below. Doctor says this is ok, she has time to turn. She is also still high, so that is ok.
4) Blood pressure is good.

We also now start our every two week checkup! We will be back in two weeks, right in the middle of my 32nd week. We will have an ultrasound and a regular check. It is the middle of a crazy month in the office so I will have to do all these things by myself again because Reg will be at a big presentation :p

Doc also said that the next ultrasound will probably be on my 37th week. Personally, I want to give birth at my 37-38th week at the latest. I hope that comes true! We will see.

For now, I am trying to decide whether I will go on leave by my 35th/36th week and use the rest of the time to prepare for Christmas. At first I was sure but Reg expressed some worries because this means we will be apart and if he's needed, he'll have a long way to get to me. So that made me think twice again. Anyway, I still have some time to decide.

-==-

The other thing I'm thinking about now is when I should be packing my hospital bag. I have this feeling that it should be right around now or soon. Friends validated this thought too, haha! So I can also see what else I'm missing. I guess I will start parking after Oct 20 cos that's when I'll shop. I already know which items I'm missing.

I also need to work on the reference docs for the hospital!

Man, I would rather be busy with this than work :p

Comments

Popular Posts