Working in the 3rd trimester

I know it's just hormones and because I am generally feeling heavy and tired and all that energy I had the past few months seem to be slipping away but I am out of sorts at work. I know I am being bitchy and suplada, and I try my best not to if I don't have to, but those two expressions are currently my default. I can only hope that baby girl will come out more cheerful than this :p

I am also increasingly frustrated because for the first time, I am confused and totally not understanding what it is that certain people want to achieve with a deck, of all things. I mean, I understand the desired output, but I am literally getting conflicting directions. Anyway, there was a discussion today and was told "not to hurry" so I am taking the rest of the afternoon off while I try to marry all the shit everyone is saying.

-==-

I initially said that I wanted to try to work for as long as possible, right up to the time I need to go to the hospital. But waking up each morning is a struggle (I am not getting much sleep) and even just getting dressed is torture. I am now thinking of asking to go on leave on my 35th week, if it will not affect my maternity leave days. Increasingly I am realising there's still a lot that needs to get done before the baby is here and work is in the way.

I was also telling Reg the other day that I'm really feeling the difference age makes. I really feel the toll the day takes at the end of each day. I am just so tired at the end of each day. I feel myself running out of breath constantly. And my butt hurts from sitting on my chair. This is the only time I am working full time through the third trimester and only figuring out that it comes with its struggles, especially since it is such a busy time also. With Tala, I had a super flexible schedule that by the time I was in my 7th month, I was spending half the day in the office and the other half working from home. With Kael, I was already on bed rest at this time though not completely because, I could walk from room to room in the house, just not up and down stairs and couldn't go out.

Some pregnancy calendars will tell you that I am already on my 8th month right now (we are nearing our 31st week, which starts on Thursday). However, I think I will officially be on my 8th month next week. Nearing the homestretch. I can't wait to leave the office and do stuff for the baby. Maybe this is some form of nesting, who knows.

Comments

Popular Posts