Bye bye belly ring?

I've had my belly ring for seven years now, it was the first thing I got with my very first salary (aka "allowance" from being a resident in the citi for our master's). I haven't taken it off, except to change rings from time to time. In fact, I've gotten so used to having my belly ring that in the short few seconds in between changing rings, I always think that my navel looks weird and out of place without it.

My doctor has told me that I'll have to remove my ring soon, especially when the skin starts to stretch. I imagine that could be either uncomfortable or painful. Haha :) So far my ring is still ok, it's not pinching and I'm not uncomfortable nor in pain, although I've noticed that it doesn't have much room to move anymore. What I've noticed though is that it is definitely getting pushed against my clothes. Like, you can definitely tell there's something there. :p If my shirt or dress hugs my belly enough, it looks weird. My little sister has said as much.

Sigh. I think I'll push keeping it as far as I can cos I'm stubborn that way. I know it sounds weird, but I'm going to miss it. I do know though, that when I give birth and my skin settles and all that, I'll be putting the ring back on. I hope I don't lose the hole, or else it'll be back to piercing it again (which, if I remember right, wasn't so bad at all).

Comments

Popular Posts