'Scuse Me

... while my hormones take over. It's begging to be heard.

Lately I have been feeling down in the dumps from time to time.

I feel fat, frumpy and ugly! Even if I am told I am not, I still feel so. I look at clothes on display in window shops and know that I won't fit in them as well as I used to be able to and that makes me a tiny bit depressed. I am getting too snug for regular clothes but still too little for maternity clothes - not that I would want a lot of maternity clothes. It makes me just a little annoyed at the moment.

And strangely enough, I also feel lonely. I feel lonely in the office, I feel lonelier when I'm at home in the early afternoon. I miss being in a crazy, noisy workplace. I miss seeing friends - and it's already a good thing I see my best friends regularly now. I cannot explain how almost-nauseating it is to be at the same place at the same time, every single day.

Most days I'm excited, other days, like last night - I was scared. How do I know how to be a mom?

(Yes, I am textbook pregnancy hormones).

I miss Reg, and the old times, before we had to think a lot about finances and money. How it was so easy to plan a summer trip, how weekends weren't too full of errands and we'd just hang out and have fun. I miss our dates! I read up on old blog entries and find myself being wistful. Maybe because we weren't bound by a lot of responsibilities then... but it felt like we had more freedom then than now. Wonder how that works when the baby comes? haha

I miss being active, really, even if I wasn't so active to begin with. I am looking for physical activity! Sometimes I feel like running, just for the hell of it. I would even go to the gym gladly now. I can't wait for the day when the doctor says I can go try all those pre-natal exercises I want to try. Maybe that's also the reason why I also feel like this - I don't get any physical activity so my body is whack.

I miss my brain too - a lot of times now I feel like my brain is turning mush and I forget stuff! I know I'm being absent-minded and even if I tell myself not to be, I end up being so anyway.

Sometimes I feel like I just want to escape, lie under  a tree in Boracay and just chill out. I am screaming to break out of this routine. Maybe this is some form of getting ready to say bye to being a completely independent person, because soon a little one will be completely dependent on us.

Sigh.

Ok, I think those hormones have had enough airtime.

Comments

Popular Posts