Resting at home

I ended up going to the doctor before lunch yesterday. I started tracking what I figured were contractions and were shocked to find out that they were coming at quite regular intervals. Plus, it actually did hurt that it would bring little tears to my eyes.

So I walked over to the doctor, which helped alleviate the contractions somewhat. When I entered his office and began with, "I think I'm contracting" he replied with "You look like you're contracting!" because he could see my tummy hardening. I ended up getting an internal check.

While we were taking my blood pressure and checking baby's heartbeat, my tummy relaxed. Thankfully, I haven't dilated. We're still officially premature at 35 weeks after all. He prescribed me duphaston for one week. One week only because he said, by that time if she's ready to come out, she can come haha. I'm actually hitting my 36th week this Thursday. I ended up having to clarify further via message if he meant that I should just stay home that day but he said to remain at rest at home until the 36th week. So now I am working from home until Friday.

Last night, I still got two painful contractions. Today though, there's definitely less contractions and my stomach just hardens, no pain so I think the medicine is working. Doc initially offered if I wanted the progesterone shot instead but I had already been so stressed I said no, just duphaston. I think I didn't want to endure that shot and I figured the medication should be ok already.

-==-

Friday is the first (and only) early Christmas dinner because two of us are set to give birth (me, who knows when) and Gladys in December. I'm still missing some gifts but on Thursday, I plan to go to the mall and get these. Then Friday I will head out to dinner, which will just be close by.

I'm also keeping my turn over document for the office super up to date. Since we're so unsure, I think they're counting on me being there on Monday. Reg already told them I would be there if I don't give birth between Thursday and Sunday, haha. If we just make it to next Thursday (my 37th week), I would be good.

I really feel like she's coming soon though. I'm getting a bit anx-cited. Also, I'm noticing the things we're still missing haha. Maybe will be able to get to it this weekend. We'll see :)

Comments

Popular Posts