36th week check

Today was our 36th week. No internal exam for now, but we did a pre-natal check. The good news - I haven't gained weight. Yay! I think I have finally stopped. This is good news, I am still within the normal weight gain range.

However, it looks as though baby girl has grown more, if that's possible. Doc says my belly looks big and is measuring big also. She has also changed position again and is a bit higher. Which I thought was weird, because I feel all heavy down below but apparently that's not where she's at today.

So we talked about getting an ultrasound on my 37th week. Initially doc suggested Saturday but he looked at the calendar and asked if I preferred Thursday instead. I definitely prefer Thursday so we will see how big she has grown then.

I asked Doc what the implication was if baby is too big and he just confirmed what I thought -- I'd be heading into a caesarian section if that was the case. So we'll find out on Thursday what the game plan will be.

I mentioned to him that I'm still contracting continuously but on and off. He says that the uterus usually has an idea of when it wants to give birth but will stop contractions if it doubts that the body can handle it. He says that this is what's been happening to me, which is why my contractions don't really go on for too long. However, I am to tell him if I notice a decrease in movement again. I also asked, and another reason to call him is if I have painful contractions for 5-10minutes cos that means labor.

So it's really waiting game now. Whether I go into actual labor between now and Thursday and if not yet, Thursday to determine if we will choose a date for CS. Doc actually told me that if it's CS, I can choose next week or first week December but I already told him that I preferred within November so that at least Kael and baby won't have the same birthday month. I'm also thinking now that I will choose a date based on the ultrasound results - I want to know if she's gotten bigger, if it's better to have her out before she grows more or if we still have time to wait til next week.

So... can't wait for Thursday!

Comments

Popular Posts