34/35 weeks

We are in the middle of our 34th week, turning 35 on Thursday! If baby girl will be like her Ate and Kuya, that means two more weeks until we can expect to meet her :)

To be honest, I've reached that point where I already can't wait to give birth. Everything is heavy and tiring. I'm tired of going to the bathroom! :D By end of day, my ankles will disappear and the arch in my back will feel overworked. I've mentioned that I miss wearing my old clothes and miss my old body. This is normal for the home stretch and now we're just waiting it out. My mom says that by next week, they plan to pick me up from work at the end of each day to do some walking exercises. She has this impression that I don't get to walk too much. It's true, Reg tries to avoid having me walk for long but how else do I find my afternoon snack? Or go to the hospital for my checks? Or even to the car? :D Although I've arranged for Reg to get the car in the afternoons on some days when I feel like my tummy has gotten extra heavy and seems to be hanging off my lower belly.

Speaking of hanging off my lower belly, my tummy has definitely dropped during the very long weekend we just had. I also feel as though something is sitting right on top of my bladder, or the top of my privates, and it's a general uncomfortable feeling. It's also the reason why I keep going to the bathroom. We'll find out tomorrow if she's dropped, we have an ultrasound and doctor's appointment.

We are pretty much ready to meet baby girl except for a few things here and there. We've started to pack our hospital bag and will start bringing it around with us by tomorrow (had to wait for some laundry to come through). Annoyingly, my congestion due to some allergy has now turned into an actual cold! I spent the long weekend surrounded by people with cough and colds and kept hoping I wouldn't get it. At least though, it's a cold and not a cough. I sneezed a few times last night and that was hella uncomfortable so I imagine a cough would be worse. Gonna start treating this cold today.

I should also mention that I think I am still feeling contractions nearly every day. They either come in the form of my stomach hardening and feeling uncomfortable or a slight cramping sensation. It usually passes when I change positions and I haven't noticed a pattern so everything should be ok so far.

More updates tomorrow after our check-up! :)





Comments

Popular Posts