So this is what it feels like to be on labor watch

So despite the medication, I still feel contractions every so often. Sometimes there's a pattern, but it will not last too long and sometimes it's just a one-off. Sometimes it will just be my stomach hardening and other times it will come with pain!

On Wednesday evening, I laid in bed while waiting for Reg to arrive tracking contractions that seemed to come pretty regularly but extremely far apart. Throughout the day, my mom would randomly ask if baby was moving. I said yes. While observing the contractions though, I realised that I did not feel her move that day as much as I usually do. Now baby girl definitely has chill days when she doesn't move that much and she has days when she's super active (like right now) but this felt less than her usual chill days. I told my mom who got all panicky and had me text my doctor. In turn, he sent me to the delivery room. I already knew we were gonna do a stress check but in the event I had to be admitted, I took a quick shower first while waiting for Reg to arrive.

We got to the hospital at around midnight or so. There weren't a lot of people in the delivery room at all and I was at the receiving room basically all by myself at first. They got us ready for a stress check, got my BP (which shot up beyond my usual range. I guess I was stressing out) and while I did the lengthy interview about my history (I actually had this all listed down in a sheet of paper... which was in a folder with Reg), I tracked her movements. Well, whaddya know. She started moving. A lot. The nurses and the resident doctor were all smiling telling me that she probably just wanted me to panic. Inna feels she wanted me to head to a hospital. HAHA. So we officially kicked of our 36th week right in the hospital doing a stress check.

The official duration of the check was about 30mins. In that time, they tracked 3 mild contractions. So they called doc, who then asked that I be given a shot to stop these contractions for the meantime. Man, that was one of the more painful shots I've had, worse than the progesterone ones. Its side effect: faster heartbeat :p

They waited for another 20minutes for the injection to officially take effect and I was sent home. The entire day after (yesterday), I felt ok. Baby girl moved constantly, I didn't really track any contractions until after 11pm last night. Two painful ones so I was curled up in bed. I fell asleep though so I don't know if there were any more. I do know that I woke up at dawn because I felt slight pain and I knew my stomach was hardening but also because I needed to pee.

So far today I've only felt my stomach harden a few times - no pattern, always a one-off. I keep getting comments, even from random salesladies or ma-chika Alabang tita store owner about how close I look to popping. Heck, I feel it with certainty. I think my doc just wants me to reach 37th week or be as close to that so we won't have to worry about baby girl's lungs. I'm seeing him on Monday so we'll see how I'm doing really then. I also plan to finally discuss with him some of my requests for delivery.

I know that it may not happen this weekend but I think next week will be it. Let's see if I am right. In any case, I asked if I could turn over at work officially on Monday already because I'd really like to wait out and do this at home where it's comfortable and have a shower within reach.

I've never really had to be on labor watch before. I mean, I don't think I ever experienced contractions everyday, in varying degrees prior to giving birth. I didn't even know I was contracting with Tala. Kael I only tracked for an hour or two the night before I gave birth and I was in the hospital by 12mn.

Here's hoping we'll have a smooth-sailing and quick delivery with not much excitement beforehand. I mean, I hope we're not running to the hospital and will have time to spare haha :)

Comments

Popular Posts