Official 34th week check

Today was our 34th week check-up. We also had an ultrasound.

The ultrasound definitely showed us some surprising results, such as:
Baby girl has grown! Her abdominal circumference is measuring for 37 weeks and in the 99th percentile.
She has also gained weight - her estimate weight at this time is now at 6lbs 7oz and is still within normal range at the 87th percentile (she's only a few percentage points off going beyond the normal range). For reference, when we had our last ultrasound, she was at the lower end of the normal range :p

Her average ultrasound age is a week ahead than our count, although Doc is still sticking to our count and not adjusting it.

Aside from that, everything is ok. He told me try to go on a diet for these last few weeks. Reg asked how and Doc suggested skipping a meal (like breakfast) and doing it keto style with just a teaspoon of VCO. He's told me this from the beginning but even before I was pregnant, I was never inclined to take shots of VCO. I said instead that I think I want to try skipping dinner, which is my most hated meal because I'm always hungriest at breakfast anyway.

My other plan is to limit by carb intake. I usually use rice to try and neutralize my taste buds, but maybe I can just go back to chewing Extra gum which helped during my first trimester. I'm also going to continue cutting down on eating meals with Coke Zero. The family is on my case about this but I don't think I ever told them that the reason I drink is, again, to neutralize my taste buds and remove the bad taste in my mouth after a meal, especially dinner. I've been doing this the past week already so I will just continue this.

Doc also said I can start walking around so now mom is on my case about walking around longer and at a quicker pace.

My next check up is on two weeks, which will be our official 36th week check. I'm supposed to have an ultrasound at 37 weeks and I plan to do that towards the end of the same week, right after we turn 37 weeks. I have a feeling baby girl is coming soon and I'm just hoping we hold until the 37th like her Ate and Kuya. I definitely feel like I'm giving birth this month.

For my 36th week check, I plan to discuss with doc some details of my very simple birthing plan just so it is in place.

-==-

Our hospital bag is all packed and ready in the car! I feel so accomplished. My other goal this week is to discuss with the bosses how we can plan my turnover because it has to be push button, just in case. I plan talking to them on Thursday because then I can legitimately say that I can give birth anytime starting the week after. :D

Comments

Popular Posts