Doctor's Appointment

I was supposed to have my doctor's appointment next week but I had an urgent question to ask this morning so I ended up going right after my meeting. Since I was already there, we went through our whole check for this month already :)

Updates:

1) Weight: I didn't gain any at all. I guess that makes up for the extra three pounds I gained last month! I told my doctor that since that bad episode I had with a super bloated tummy and difficulty in the bathroom that I would eat just right (making sure I wasn't too full) and just ate small snacks whenever I got hungry. Plus, I cut out my sugars pretty much completely. She says this is fine, but I better not lose any weight and try to gain about 3-4 pounds in time for next month.

2) Size: Baby is the right size for 6 months (yes, we officially hit six months Tuesday next week!)

3) Heartbeat: Still good. I was taught to do deep breaths to help with the oxygen flow to the baby. I saw the effect, I do a couple of deep breaths, his heartbeat would increase. I will be doing that a lot from now on :)

4) Position: He has turned! Thank you Lord! Thank you Sta. Clara and St. Jude! I hope he doesn't turn back around and go breech again. :)

I mentioned I had questions to ask and these were it:

1) Reg found out that the reason why his teammate was off work was because he had viral measles. They were together Thursday when he started feeling sick (he left at lunch) and he came in this morning (I guess they were together only about an hour or two cos Reg had to leave for lunch), which is when Reg found out. I went to the doctor cos we were concerned. She said that since we are heading towards the end of the second trimester, all our developmental stages have already been reached so nothing to worry about. Besides, it's viral and not german, which is more worrisome. I hope that Reg doesn't come down with it at all, cos poor me and Tala if ever :p

2) My sore calves - I've noticed the past week that whenever I lie down to sleep and when I wake up in the morning, my calves would feel like I worked out my legs during the day. Similar to that muscle soreness you have when you head back to the gym after weeks of not doing anything. Doctor says this is because of the pressure from the weight of my tummy (doesn't matter whether I'm standing or sitting) so I should just try to lift my feet when I can and maybe put some liniment. For now, I am stretching and putting my feet up. In fact, I currently have my legs resting on one of our big empty water bottles. They are perfect - hold my legs perfectly on either side of the spout and just the right height. My legs feel so much better!

So that's our appointment for this week :) Now time to look for something to eat. I had a small lunch and now I'm hungry again :p

Comments

Popular Posts