Baby Sprinkle

Reg once asked me if baby showers were held for second babies. I said that I thought baby showers were usually just reserved for the firstborns. Mostly because it's also a way for people to gift you with items you may need. With a second baby, it's assumed you already have some of this so you don't need much help.

So anyway, today I got curious and looked it up. Apparently, what the second (or third or fourth) baby shower is called a "Baby Sprinkle" (it really sounds like a cupcake flavour to me) and it's usually just held as a celebration for the impending arrival of the new baby. I guess it makes sense. How would baby no. 2 feel to see photos from his ate's baby shower but none for his? Already we are trying to make everything as similar as possible to the first pregnancy (note that I am failing the weekly tummy photos because I don't like the way I look, oops) which means we'll be doing maternity photos (with Ate Tala this time!) and newborn photos too.

It doesn't even have to be big, just a few friends and family and simple fare at home. They won't even have to bring gifts (we kept most our stuff really well) but boy clothes, boy-themed jammies and blankets and sheets will definitely be welcome (sidenote: Look, I know that we like to be gender-neutral but some of Tala's things are just so insanely pink and girly that my little boy may wonder later on why he's lying down on a blanket that said "princess" in a photo.)

It's stewing in my brain. Maybe it'll work out. Let's see.

Again, granma will say it is too early to think of this. :D

Comments

Popular Posts