23 weeks!

We are 23 weeks today! Next week we are officially 6 months! I know that baby still hasn't turned because I am feeling all his kicks at the bottom, by my puson. I hope he turns soon.

He has his moments when he is super malikot - I get random kicks now throughout the day (sometimes in the middle of meetings) but I really feel him most at night, just swimming around. Like that's literally how it feels - some kicking and some swimming around.

I am now getting excited because the time is coming soon when we can go through all the baby stuff we have to put aside what baby boy can use and make a list of what we need. I also know that we're nearing the time when we can do a 4D ultrasound so he has one too, like ate Tala :)

As for me, I am doing ok. I had a bout of extremely bad bloating last week where it felt like someone heavy was sitting on my stomach, right at the top part of the swell. I couldn't find a good position to sit or lie down and I couldn't eat. I had to leave work right after a meeting to go home and wait it out. It was so painful they said I was starting to look pale. Thankfully, it was almost gone when I woke up the next day and disappeared completely as the day ended. Now I am avoiding being extremely full and really more committed to drinking no softdrinks. I have cut out sweets almost completely (except for special occasions) and I find that when I say I want something sweet after dinner, I never follow through because I'm scared of being too full and I lose my appetite for it as soon as I'm done with my main meal. I wonder how my weight gain is going? We'll find out next week, I guess :p

I am also now eating yogurt everyday to help my digestion and also to avoid having to drink Duphalac which messes up my stomach completely. :p I really hope everything normalizes again soon. If there's anything this pregnancy will be remembered for - it's all the digestion hurdles I've had to go through.

However, I'm thankful that everything else is going ok. I just hope that baby decides to turn soon (and turn safely as my mom says because we don't want him tangling in his umbilical cord or something).

Next week is check-up week! Hoping for all good things! :)

Comments

Popular Posts