We're having a boy!

So I did say that I thought we might be having a boy, and after our congenital scan yesterday, it was confirmed :) This I have to say, it really is quite easy to see that it's a boy! haha

Everything else from our congenital scan was a-ok. All progressing normally, and even baby's weight is just right. Seems a lot has happened in the past three years before we got some really good ultrasound photos during the session! So very clear.

So here is baby at 21 weeks:


So now we have a pair! Everyone asks us if we're "quota na" since we'll be having a girl and a boy. I think that even if baby turned out to be a girl, we'd still be "quota na". Haha! I just didn't realise the impact of this - my family has been an all-girls family ever since and now a boy is coming! It's amazing. I don't think any of us really knows how to take care of a boy. I'm already thinking of how not to suddenly get peed on when changing diapers, when he gets circumcised and all those things. HAHA! So strange!

In truth though, when we found out that baby was gonna be a boy, we started going through in our mind all the pink/girly stuff we have and how to make them more neutral/boy-ish. It's a good thing that a lot of the big "hardware" (crib, high chair, stroller, rocker) are all in neutral colours! I just now have to figure out what to do with all the lovely girl clothes and shoes we've collected over the years (and some only worn once or twice!)

However, as my mom says, we're NOT allowed to think about those things yet (I said, "I'm not buying naman eh, they're all at home! haha!) so I have to wait about two more months to really figure out our game plan.

And now, to pretend to NOT think of names! :p (cos you know, you're not supposed to think of that right now either haha!)

Comments

Popular Posts