Feeling like a newbie

Sometimes I try to remember what it was like to take care of an infant. That's when I realise that Tala's been a "big girl" for quite a while now because those days before her first birthday are such a distant memory. I only remember waking up every two hours to feed, change and comfort. I don't remember how it actually felt. I try to remember the steps in giving a sponge bath and then a full bath and I'm ashamed to say that my mind might be missing some steps. Maybe when the time comes and I'm in the situation, I'll remember, kinda like riding a bike. For now it's all hazy :p I even think I need to read up on breastfeeding again since we didn't do so well the first time and I'm more determined this time around to make it work.

I wonder if this is normal for all moms? They do say that we conveniently forget the pain of labour and childbirth (for those who go all-natural) so that we aren't traumatized to get pregnant again. Is it the same with infant care?!

Anyway, I guess I should be thankful for grandmas who can remind and blogs I can read up on. I'm also pretty sure that I'll remember everything as soon as baby is here.

-==-

We are 18 weeks! Next week is our doctor's appointment and the week after that, we are officially on our  5th month. We can find out baby's gender soon! And be able to see baby again via ultrasound. It's really going by pretty fast. With an August calendar with holidays and booked dates, it seems this month will fly by too. I don't mind, that means we'll get to meet our baby soon too :)

Comments

Popular Posts