Back home... till the end of June!

So, the summer trips are officially done. It is so hot in Manila though. I would prefer to be out of here! But admittedly, the trips have taken a toll and I am tired. It's nice to just be in town for the next two months.

The trip to Catbalogan was good! I had high energy, got to hang out with my cousins at least once late at night and was able to swim at the beach (then fell asleep for a nap after lunch, haha). My mom worried about me getting too tired but I didn't feel tired at all. I didn't even feel sick! I ate a LOT.

Now that I'm back in Manila though, I feel nauseated again. My current strange relationship with food is going strong. I am hungry so I eat but I have that strange after taste in my mouth right after eating that makes me want to NOT eat. Yesterday I just felt sick the entire day. I'm feeling ok today, so hopefully it'll be a good day.

I'm hoping to get myself back to old eating habits if I can - lower the carb content, eat more protein and fat. I've been eating how I used to eat before going on this habit and I really feel as though my stomach has been stretched to capacity. The problem currently is that I only thing I really like right now are carbs - I feel like they have the plainest taste. I also have to remind myself that eating more or different things do not get rid of that aftertaste in my mouth after a meal and I just feel sick after because I get too full.

I also need to go back to drinking as much water as I can - I used to drink 6L of water a day! The problem I have with this is it makes me feel extremely full so I try not to drink so much but that's wrong. Manila is extremely hot right now, I really need the water and it might help with the huge hunger pangs I get.

Comments

Popular Posts