12 weeks!

We are 12 weeks today! According to The Bump, baby is now the size of a plum :) Tala and Kael keep asking when baby will be the size of a watermelon. I feel like when that time comes, they're just going to be always a little in awe of how big my tummy is by then haha. It's really kind of mind-boggling how something can get so huge but that's being pregnant for you!

At 12 weeks, I have just a bit more energy! I don't feel so sick so often now and the bad taste in my mouth now only gets triggered eating certain things (it's still an experiment). I still don't feel too happy after eating, I just get full. I'm finally able to drink more water! It gets better each day. My hunger pangs have lessened too and my appetite is finally settling, I think. I still eat more than I used to but not as much as I was doing the past few weeks. I've been very lenient with myself in terms of sweets lately so I've decided to go back to being as strict as I was before getting pregnant as I do not want to trigger gestational diabetes. It's a good thing I don't crave for it, I just indulge myself sometimes. That needs to end now, haha :D

Hoping for energy to pick up more in the next few weeks. Work is promising to get more interesting.

In the meantime, bump keeps growing! Depending on what I wearing, it just looks like I ate a lot of food. It makes me want to randomly tell people, "look, that's not a fat stomach ok. I'm full but there's a baby growing in there!" :p Clothes are still fitting, esp those that I had before I lost weight. I'm trying to see how long I can last before I feel like I need to get some new ones. I'm hoping that the new belly bands I got will help extend the life of my bottoms. I haven't had to use them yet and as my mom keeps asking everytime she sees me, no, the pants I've been wearing are not tight nor constricting. Man, you'd think this was the first time I ever got pregnant. I actually know some stuff :p

We've finally really decided that we'll stay nearby for our 10th wedding anniversary. The thought of packing up for a number of days and spending it in a foreign country is not exciting to me. If ever, I think I want to save some travel money to go on a family, just-us-four vacation somewhere local before I give birth. But I'm still considering that. I think I'm looking for beach time more than I am looking for exploring a new city. So now to think of what to do for our 10th anniversary and still make it special :)

Comments

Popular Posts