Doctor update: we grew!

Baby at 10 weeks
Hello baby! It is so nice to see you like this! :) I've been waiting for this particular ultrasound. We found out today that we grew, so we're 10 weeks now (just a day ahead really). I have to tell Ate Tala and Kuya Kael that baby is now the size of a strawberry (they ask every week, haha).

What really amused me and Reg during this ultrasound is we saw our baby's little limbs moving about. We weren't sure at first so I asked the doctor - "is the baby moving?" and she answered, "yes!" It was definitely something new for us because we don't remember spotting the same movement during Tala and Kael's first ultrasounds. :) We also have a strong heartbeat, which was also a bit fast. When our doc was reading the ultrasound results, he asked if we saw the baby moving because that could help explain the quick heartbeat.

Pregnancy is proceeding normally, thank you God! Thank you Mama Mary! Thank you St Jude!

-==-

What I'm deciding on right now is whether to proceed with the NIPT (Non Invasive Pre Natal Testing) that the doctor mentioned to us during one of our first visits. I am now at the right time for it at 10 weeks. It's able to detect a number of chromosomal abnormalities and can also accurately detect gender. Initially, I thought of skipping this and just do the usual congenital scan just like we did for Tala and Kael. However, it's been crossing my mind a lot lately and I think I'm leaning towards doing the test. I made a call to the facility that does it and I'm just waiting for them to call me back so I can get more details. I hope they don't forget to call. If ever I decide to go through it, I want it done this weekend.

-==-

I'm now also definitely sporting a bit of a baby bump. I'm not surprised, I expected to show early just like when I was pregnant with Kael. Just can't remember now if it's as early or earlier. Sometimes I can't tell if it's my tummy being full but yesterday I had to admit it's really a bit of a bump. Now I'm just trying to decide whether I want to continue to mask it or show it. For now, I'm just trying to wear most of my new (smaller-sized) clothes for as long as I'm still comfortable.

-==-

My all-day sickness has turned into night sickness. I mostly feel blah and nauseated at night. Sometimes I feel as though I am coming down with fever. I just mostly want to stay in bed, amongst pillows. I also have less of that bad taste in my mouth after every meal but I'm still not happy after I eat. At least it's getting better. I'm also getting better at drinking more water but still not back to my usual pre-pregnancy volume. I'm afraid of getting UTI (I got this when I was pregnant with Kael and it hurt) so I use that as motivation.

-==-

It was a really good doc appointment day today. Hoping for more of the same next month! I'm really just praying for a normal, easygoing pregnancy and hope to have that this time around. :)

Comments

Popular Posts