Hair Woes

Before getting pregnant, I was getting my roots retouched regularly (my hair regrowth is white, it's in the genes, unfortunately) and every few months I get a keratin smoothening treatment to manage it better.

Before finding out I was pregnant, I was able to get my roots retouched. I wasn't able to get the keratin treatment though, I'm still regretting that. Then again, who knew that I was right about feeling pregnant?!

ANYWAY.

My roots now badly need to be retouched. I also badly need some sort of smoothening treatment because the damn weather is also not helping my hair. I'm at that point where I just hate it and I know it needs a trip to salon. I cut it short about a month ago and now I can't wait for it to grow so I can just tie it back. My hair usually grows pretty quickly but it feels like it's growing slowly right now (might just be me though).

So now I've been on the search for a salon that offers organic AND ammonia-free hair colour (I learned long before that I react better to ammonia-free hair dye). I'm so desperate, I actually posted a Facebook status. I hope to get some recommendations soon.

I have found a possible smoothening treatment though and I know where to get it done.

Doc says I am ok to get it done now and just make sure it isn't strong smelling but I'm definitely willing to still wait about a week or two, after my 12th week just to be sure. We are already 11 weeks today.

-==-

I went and decided to go through with the NIPT test. Cordlife came to draw blood here in the office last Monday. We will get the results in 10-14 working days. I am crossing my fingers very hard for great results and looking forward to what gender baby is :) Then my family wants me to plan a gender reveal for them (initially it was just for Tala and Kael but now my mom wants one for all of them). I'm looking forward to it, looks like fun.

I hope work will stay as quiet as it does now. That's wishful thinking but at least enough to let me plan a good gender reveal party for the family :)

Comments

Popular Posts