I miss Tala

Tala knows that I can't carry her right now because I have "yayay" (which is our term for "ouchie" or for sickness). After a few days of saying, "sorry baby, mommy can't carry you cos I have yayay" she's accepted this now as fact. We say this because we don't want her to feel bad that it's because of the baby why I can't carry her right now.

The sad thing about this is, she also doesn't hug me as much now. In fact, the only times I can actually hug her is when we're about to sleep because she really cuddles with me then. When I arrive home from work, she is genuinely happy to see me but she runs past me so she can check if her dad is already home.

I can't play with her sometimes because when she's raring to play, I'm sleepy. Or like yesterday, I had to fix our budget. And in the afternoon, I had to fix her school stuff. I really feel bad about this, I'm so bad at being able to play with her. When she calls me to play though, I drop what I'm doing and sit with her. But after a while, she forgets about me.

Yesterday at church, she was sitting on my lap and snuggling a little because she was sleepy. I was so happy to have her there. But since she's a baby, at some point, she wanted to be carried so she had to go to her dad.

I guess I should just be happy that she still snuggles with me when she's sleepy. And that when I push for it, she still gives me a kiss and all. I guess I just have to accept that for now, she won't be with me as much, especially when people keep telling her to be gentle with me.

I just miss her though.

Comments

Popular Posts