Check-up Update

We went to the doctor today and heard baby's very strong heartbeat! :) It really is such a lovely sound. My favourite sounds in the entire world are turning out to be: laughter/giggles (Tala's especially) and heartbeats! I really am very happy today. :)

So other things we found out were:

1) The doctor was able to tell me why I am showing quite early. I had been wondering about this the past few weeks. I can distinctly remember hiding in my normal clothes, just using belly bands and still not look all that pregnant until I was in my fourth month when I was pregnant with Tala. Well, right now, I can still use my jeans with my belly band but my tummy is definitely showing.

She says that this usually happens during the second pregnancy because your mid-section is just generally looser after the first (guess that means I'll have to be more serious about the ab exercises after I give birth!!) and there's just generally more fat (again, this means I'll really need to be more serious about exercising after giving birth! ARGH). I was telling her that I was aware it was mostly fat, but that it baffled me because it seemed to come out pretty suddenly and almost from nowhere. Well, definitely not nowhere, because apparently, there is fat in my tummy. Waaah. And to think that I am starting this pregnancy at the exact same weight and when we checked earlier, that my weight at 11 weeks then is the same as now. The only difference is that my tummy is larger.

2) Speaking of weight, I've gained three pounds since my last check-up. I'm only allowed to gain three pounds per month. I hope to do better than that, and not overdo it. I haven't really been looking for a lot of sweets, and I also don't drink a lot of soda. I guess I have to try to avoid it completely.

3)

I now also have a pregnancy book! I was wondering when they'd think would be the right time to give me this. Haha :D









4) We also spoke earlier about my expected due date. Since my EDD is January 9 or 12 (generally, the first week of January) and given that I gave birth to Tala early (at 37 weeks), there is a bigger chance that the same thing will happen with this second one. Plus, everything with the second pregnancy is supposed to be faster anyway (labor especially) so the doctor says I may give birth anytime starting from December 19. She also said that she hopes I won't be the mother who will make her wait on Christmas Eve (like she did last year). She also said that I was the one who'll prevent her from making any Christmas travel plans. :p

I mean, man, I hope it doesn't fall on Christmas cos poor kid! One gift only! Haha! But like Reg says, baby can come whenever he feels like coming and we won't be able to do anything about that. Owell :)

That's it for this check. Next one on the 3rd week of July! I will have to try to remember to get a video of us listening to baby's heartbeat because I did that for Tala :D I'm trying to do the same things as I did for this pregnancy as well but I don't think I'll start taking tummy pictures until I know for sure that it's baby that's making it big. :p Cos that's just embarrassing otherwise, even though it's just for the family file :p

Comments

Popular Posts