10 weeks!

Well, we are hitting 10 weeks middle of this week (well, if we follow ultrasound, we are about 9 weeks something. Since the difference is so small, I think my doctor is just following from my last period). Time flies. We are now in double digits.

Some little kwentos:

1) We survived a Boracay trip.

I still got to swim but I was not out in the sun like the usual trips. We got amazing weather but that basically meant that I had to be indoors from about 11am until 430pm. This meant waking up early and being out and about by 8am. I seem to wake up early when in Boracay anyway. I think that's left over from the time when Boracay trips would only last 3 days and I would try to maximise each day as I could (we were there 5 days this time around). We would then eat lunch somewhere close to our hotel and Reg would make use of the downtime by heading to the gym. I laid down, watched TV, finished books and sometimes napped. I would head out again at about 430pm and swim until the sun set. Well, not that entire time, my mom wouldn't let me stay in the water too long as well. However, water felt really good. I think I may want to try swimming when I'm allowed to exercise again.

2) I was super hungry

I spent the first three weeks being really hungry as soon as mealtimes come. This has changed recently though. Breakfast is still my best meal of the day and lunch is pretty normal. It then goes downhill from there. I start getting a bad taste in my mouth and dinner is just an unhappy meal for me. Last night, I actually felt like I was a bit sick. haaay

I actually suspect that anything too oily messes up my palette. Meaning, I should really stay away from fast food. That's not too hard, I don't have appetite for it. I only go and eat fast food when I feel like there's nothing else I would want to eat and I feel like crap after.

3) Speaking of food

I seem to really, really like simple home-cooked Filipino food. Like, beef steak, sinigang, bulalo, liempo, adobo -- all very meaty. I also really like breakfast - garlic rice, sausages, eggs, hotdogs, corned beef, spam, bacon. Soo very Filipino. haha :)

Funny though, because I don't like chicken. Chicken makes me gag. This is noteworthy because normally, chicken is my favourite. I will forego anything beef or pork if there's a chicken dish I like. I realised this when we were in Boracay and we ate in our favourite chicken inasal restaurant. I ordered my usual and couldn't finish it because I didn't think it was tasty at all. It was a good thing Reg ordered Kansi because I was able to get some of his soup for my rice (and I thought that was heavenly!)

So just like with Tala, we're back to non-cravings. Half the time, I dunno what I want to eat until I'm given choices for restaurants or I'm faced with food choices already available at the dinner table. Also, I'm not that hungry anymore :p Funny how quickly things change.

We have a doctor's appointment Tuesday next week! I hope we'll get to hear baby's heartbeat again :)

Comments

Popular Posts