Congenital Scan

We had our congenital anomaly scan today! Happy to report that everything is well, normal, everything just right for her age, including her weight. We confirmed again that she's really a girl haha :D

I really love scans because it lets us see her! :) She was moving a lot again so we couldn't really get great photos of her face. We did manage to get a video of her opening her mouth (like a yawn almost). We also have a photo of her with her cute hands fisted and right up her face like she was covering her eyes. I wonder what kind of scan we could get where we can get colored photos? I was thinking of doing the 4D ultrasound separately, like what we did with Tala but I wonder if we could just get it done at the hospital? I wonder if it's cheaper?

Anyway, here are our latest photos:

I kind of edited these a bit, I hope they're clear/easy to see. On the left, is a quick shot of her face and you can see her mouth, nose and eyes. On the right is her hiding :)

Loved seeing her today and was very thankful to know that everything is ok.

For my next check-up, we're doing another round of CBC, Clotting Time and Urinalysis. We are now also doing the HBA1C test, which will test my sugar levels. I'm so glad to not have to do the yucky Glucose Test where you have to drink this solution once an hour for three hours. Doc says he's not too worried because baby's weight is just right (in fact, on the lower side, at 29% range). So hopefully he is correct!

-==-

I had to weigh myself yesterday for an application form I was filling out for Kael. I'm not sure if I remember my starting weight right but it looks as though I've already gained 20lbs or at least, gained all the weight I think I lost before getting pregnant (I wasn't weighing myself then either, was just judging through my clothes). I'm a little worried about it, but only from a vanity point of view. If I only want to gain the minimum required weight, I only have 5 pounds left for the next 17 weeks (max). That does not seem possible. If I do the max required weight, that's another 15 pounds. I'm mostly worried how that's gonna affect after giving birth - that's a lot of weight to lose to go back to my pre-pregnancy weight (WHICH is not even my ideal weight yet). Ugh. I shouldn't be thinking about it right now, seems baby still has room to grow. The more important thing is she stays in the right weight for her age. In the meantime, I've resolved to do away with the soda I drink with some meals and lessen the sweets I've been indulging in. We'll also see what the HBA1C test will say next month. Doc did say that if my sugar levels have spiked but baby's weight is normal then we don't need to do major work on it, it will just be adjustment in diet. In the meantime, will do what I can first :)

Comments

Popular Posts