Doctor's Appointment

We will be 28 weeks on Thursday! I mean, two days away so I already consider myself in my 7th month. We are in the third trimester! Wohooo.

We had our monthly doctor's appointment this morning and I am happy to update:

1) Yesterday I had a bunch of tests done, as required: CBC, Clotting time, HBA1C, Urinalysis, Sodium and Potassium. The results said:
- CBC is ok, but I'm slightly anemic as of this moment. No course of action yet because this is expected for pregnant women according to my doc.
- Clotting time is still ok
- HBA1C, which measures sugar levels is NORMAL. YAY!!!
- Urinalysis shows some infection still but doc says this may be due to discharge. So I'll just continue what I'm doing now, which is to use Betadine Feminine Wash. Yay :)
- Sodium levels are now normal
- Potassium levels still low. Doc says to try to eat more bananas :p

I'm so happy with these results because when I was looking at my results online last night, I was worried that there were problems but we were ok :)

2) We did our first pre-natal check - my blood pressure was taken (normal! yay again!), weight was taken (happy to note that my weight gain apparently slowed already so I'm still within normal weight gain range) and my tummy was measured (right size for our age). I also got to hear baby girl's heartbeat! It was really funny because she was very malikot when we were doing it and she was kicking very strongly so at least doc got to see that :)

3) Next month is another pre-natal check and after that, we start doing the every two-week check up!
We really are in the last stretch.

4) We can now get our 4D ultrasound! I was about to ask my doc about this but he was the one who brought it up. He also recommended the place I was hoping to get it at so now we're just figuring out when to go and get it. I don't want to wait for too long because he says to get it done between now and my 30th week. I'm excited so I'm hoping to get it done next week. I want to see baby girl again and want Tala and Kael to be there too :)

-==-

In other news, we have figured out the date for our Baby Sprinkle! Only thinking of inviting few friends and ask my mom about relatives. It will be in our house. Excited for this one too :)

Comments

Popular Posts