Infection

Last Sunday, we were on our third destination for the day when I went to pee after arriving in the mall. I realised that when I wiped, I had some brown discharge. Texted doctor who told me to take Duphaston and rest then to see him on his clinic today.

I did just that and spent the day at home. No more additional incidents until mid-morning yesterday when I tried to go to the bathroom but ended up peeing only instead. I wiped and this time there was watery brown discharge. For some reason, I started thinking about bacterial infections. So I texted my doctor to update and asked if I should do a urinalysis. He said to do that + cbc. So in the afternoon, after Tala arrived from school, I made my way over to the hospital so that the test results would be ready today in time for my doc appointment.

Last month's urinalysis already showed that by WBC and bacteria levels were spiked. Doctor first thought this may just be from the increase of vagina discharge so he sent me off with a prescription to use Betadine wash. Since then also, I've tried my best to up my water intake. I was also supposed to drink buko juice, but haven't gotten around to it. I was really wary of it turning into UTI because I had such one painful case of it while pregnant with Kael.

Well, my tests today showed a huge jump - definitely high for bacteria and WBC. In fact, Doc said that if this was UTI, I would be super sick right now. Except I'm not feeling anything, which is good. He gave me antibiotics and a suppository, to get rid of this. He also ordered a urine culture (I had no idea there was such a test) so we can check the cause. He still thinks it might be cause of increased vaginal discharge since I'm not feeling anything. I'm just glad that we have medication for it. I know bacterial infection isn't good because it can cause some contractions. I'm really happy that we started medication today.

Aside from this, no other notes from doc - just to make sure I don't get tired anymore.

I go back next week for another urinalysis test and another doctor's check. I hope we'll see vast improvements by then. In the meantime, will be trying to drink more water and will get my hands on some buko juice :p

-==-

I'm really hoping and praying that this bacterial infection will go away with no causes for concern and that this is all we'll have in store for us. Been praying for an relatively easygoing pregnancy with no illnesses or complications. I see this as a bump on the road because everyone is prone to bacterial infections so hoping that this is all baby and I will have to hurdle through :)

Comments

Popular Posts