Surprise!

(writing this on 17 May 2013. I don't plan to post until after the ultrasound scheduled on 29 May)

Update: 25 May -- as written above, I was planning not to post until after my ultrasound schedule. However, I was asked by my doctor to go on bed rest until then (that's five days, today's only the second :-s) and I decided to post this anyway cos we've had to tell more people, esp at work. I would appreciate though, no posting yet on FB until I make the first post! hehe :D Thank you!

Or as Tala sounds when she says it, "FRENCH FRIES!" (:D)

I am writing in this blog again because, well, I am pregnant. And what a surprise that was. Good surprise tho!

I went to the doctor yesterday because my period was late and I kept thinking that it probably had something to do with my PCOS and I probably just needed medication again. Although my last ultrasound showed that I was all clear, my cycles have been extremely long that I figured the PCOS-like features might be back.

So anyway, there I was at the doctor. Before she did any checks, I asked to pee and she had me leave a sample, just in case. They asked me why I hadn't tested myself and I said it was because I was scared. To be clear, I wasn't scared to be pregnant. I was scared to be disappointed if I wasn't. There's really something about doing a pregnancy test. Even if you wouldn't really mind if you were not pregnant, there's still that bit of disappointment to work through when you're not (yes, women are weird).

So my doctor does internal checks and tells me that everything still feels a bit normal inside. She does the usual breast check though and she stops and tells her assistant to go ahead with the test. She said they were feeling like pregnant breasts.

So I'm lying there, fully prepared to hear the words "negative" when my doctor's assistant starts exclaiming that it was two lines INSTANTLY. She didn't even have to wait for the requisite minute.

I was floored! I was a bit teary-eyed. I had to ask her to repeat what she said cos I really didn't understand it when she first said it. They had to show the test to me.

So all of a sudden, I'm pregnant. HAHA! It kind of makes a bit of sense now that I'm feeling a bit more tired, that some smells are really strong and sometimes, I just feel like puking. And mind you, it's still really early. THAT makes me very wary. Looks like this is going to be different from being pregnant with Tala (but I hope not! I want my relatively easy pregnancy! :p)

So since we caught it very early and my cycles have been weird, my doctor can't tell if I'm really at 6 weeks 2 days, based on my last period so she has me conservatively pegged at 5 weeks. The ultrasound on the 29th will determine everything. Take note, I'm travelling again at the same period (remember I travelled to the US 6 weeks along with Tala). This time, I'm going to Boracay. My doctor was unhappy but she promised to help me.

Right now, I'm all focused on taking it easy. I certainly don't feel very pregnant yet, until my gag reflex acts up and when I have to consciously remind myself not to walk under the hot sun, or to walk just a bit slower.

I'm also focusing all my good thoughts and prayers on my ultrasound! I hope that everything is going ok!!

Comments

Popular Posts