27 Weeks: Doctor Check

We went to the doctor today for our monthly check. We are now on our 27th week!

1. Weight gain
- I didn't gain any weight at all last month and despite feeling like I'm as big as a whale right now, I've actually only gained 5lbs. My doc was so happy because that meant I gained 5lbs in a two month period! I hope I can keep this controlled weight gain up all the way until the end of this pregnancy.

2. Baby
- Baby boy is doing great, head down still and very strong heartbeat! He is mostly on my left side right now which is probably why I find that sleeping on my left side (no matter how recommended it is) generally uncomfortable. It feels so heavy and such a strain on my back. We plan to get a 4D ultrasound once we hit my 30th-31st week like we did with Tala so he also has his own 4D photos.

Speaking of, this also means that we should be thinking about the maternity photos as well (with Tala in the photos this time!) as that has to be done between 31-35 weeks (I did this at 34 weeks with Tala so I should do the same for this baby too, for comparison haha) and pre-arranging the newborn shoot. Like my pregnancy with Tala, we're still going with The Stork Studio which now has packages that cover maternity + newborn. They're pricey now, but I don't want anyone else to do this (plus, I actually know Ia!). I guess I'll have to start getting in touch with her around the first week of November for the maternity shoots.

3. Iron supplements
- I am now starting my iron supplements! I can't believe this is all in birth preparation already (I am seven months next month), only because I gave birth early the first time. I also now have a standing prescription for Duphaston in case I have pre-term contractions. :-s I hope and pray that we don't need any of that until it's actually time.

4. Next check-ups
- Our next check up is on November 8th, which is my 31st week. After that, we start doing checks every two weeks until we hit the early part of December, after which we do weekly checks. With Tala's case, I only had two of these weekly checks because on my 37th check, I was actually already in labor :p

5. Possible delivery
- After checking the calendar again, the earliest time I can give birth is probably on December 20, during my 37th week. She said not to try to walk too much when December hits so that I don't give birth too early and that we'll try to shoot for the 38th week. My actual delivery date is first week January but I have a feeling I'll be giving birth in December. That said, I hope we hold out until our 37th and 38th week and nowhere earlier.

With October going by so swiftly, work is so busy that I am thinking two weeks ahead, I wouldn't be surprised if I suddenly find November coming to a close and I'm scrambling to finish all the preparations I need to do for the baby. With this pamahiin that my mom insists on following, I can't move until my 8th month, which will be in mid-November RIGHT WHEN work is supposed to get even more hectic. Scrambling it is. Sigh. Well, I remember finishing Tala's things in one weekend, so I'm sure we'll get to do the same for this baby too.

I'm so excited to meet baby boy!

Comments

Popular Posts